Hi,
I joined a discussion group in Linked in called This Week In Libraries a few months ago. Recently someone posted the question, "Why did you choose to become a librarian; or work in a library?" Sometimes our reasons are highly personal as well as professional. I look forward to your responses!
Thanks.
Mary W.

4 comments:
I enjoy being surrounded by people that are looking to better themselves. Usually someone that is at the library is trying to better themselves in some form or fashion. I also like the fact that it is very easy to make others happy working at the library. At the end of the day, one could easily brighten the day of dozens of people.
Thank you for sharing, Patrick! It is wonderful that HPL staff are committed to helping others help themselves.
Mary
I became a librarian because I wanted to be in profession where I could help people and I found that I like working with people and with information. That and I have a ridiculous amount of trivia in my head and librarianship seemed the profession in which that particular skill was most applicable. :)
Thanks, John! It is a great job for people with interests in a wide array of subjects. Thank you for sharing!
Mary
Post a Comment