I wanted to put another question out there for NL Managers (and staff). Is there a benefit in bringing back some form of monthly reports? I know that these required a little work and after the shift to the spreadsheet and then the bulleted lists, they kind of became merely a restating of statistics. However, the versions we used to do were helpful in that they provided managers a chance to share all of those intangible and unquantifiable things that are accomplished at their locations.
Please share if you feel it would be useful to reinstate monthly reports in the near future. If there is a strong opinion in favor of this, I would also like to seek a team to develop a report format that is not too cumbersome and can easily cover what locations need (and want) to share with NL and HPL Administration and their colleagues. If we do this, I want to make sure that the format is useful and as little burden on staff as possible.
I look forward to your input on this.
Thanks,
Mike VC

3 comments:
I think the better question might be would the monthly reports be helpful to you(or administration as a whole)? We know what happened at our own libraries, so I don't see a benefit to us in writing it down. However, if it benefits administration to hear what happened at our libraries, then I wouldn't mind writing up a monthly report as long as it is not just a restating of statistics as you pointed out.
Thanks. I can say that we do miss having information that illustrates the background behind the statistics. We are currently working on a new statistics reporting system that may address this issue. Perhaps we should wait to address the Monthly Report issue until we have a better feel for when that will roll out and what it will look like.
What do others think on this issue?
Mike VC
I agree with Patrick. The report is not necessary for us, but if it benefits the NL Administration then something very simple might work. Where managers list well attended programs, great displays, etc.
I also feel if we wait for the new statistics reporting system, one report that works can be developed.
Maurina
Post a Comment